Hi Devs,

I did a clean install of 2 beta 5 dated jan 1 2011 today. I had been running
1.2.3-release with just squid.

It's a P4 1.7, 768MB ram, 40GB ide disk. Onboard fxp0 (lan), add in vr0
(wan), xl0 (connected to an AP that acts as my wireless with a captive
portal). The box itself if an old Compaq/HP CMT which has been problematic
with linux drivers in past. I installed squid, and poked around. Obviously
this is a very simple setup, but performance is as good as 1.2.3. Looks like
there are lots of new features which for home will be lost on me. I'm
running DHCP on lan and wan, and UPnP for a media center box. I did some
usenet downloads and uploads (20 connections in each direction) as well as I
fired up my freenet client to get my state table up over 1000 states. My wan
connection at home is ADSL, 5meg down 0.5 meg up. To be perfectly honest, it
doesn't seem to perform any differently, which is a very good thing. Total
install time was just over 3 minutes, and another 20 minutes to surf through
all the menus and tweak my setup.

I do run a much higher volume box at work (100meg wan with ~600 clients -
public education space) but I won't put 2 in there until after a couple of
months after this is released.

Just wanted to say it looks great so far, and I appreciate your efforts on
this project!

Take care,

Tim