On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 1:36 PM, Lior Kaplan <kaplanl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 1:23 PM, Gabor Szabo <szab...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Tomer and all,
>>
>> I am mostly aware of the HackNights. The one I attended was not geared
>> towards new contributors. I was not aware of other types of meetings.
>>
>> I also see the "Women do Open Source" event Lior runs. I don't know how
>> could I cooperate with that given that I am not a woman.
>> Any suggestions?
>>

> Last time I checked, I'm not a woman (:

I was wondering about that too but I think it would have been even creepier
if I wrote that.

> I can and will include the link to that event in my announcement to the
>> Code-Mavens in case some of the members prefer a women only event.
>>

> The events are targeted for women, but are not "women only".

That was not clear to me from the description.
In any case that reminds me, if I were the one organizing it, I'd probably
just remove those nasty comments from the announcement page or I'd use them
as an opportunity to point out that man are also welcome. Maybe not those
commenters.

> The emphasis in the workshops I organize is cooperation, mutual help, and
>> empathy towards the other participants. We work in pairs, triples,
>> sometimes even more. Our events are gender neutral.
>>

> Sounds like great values to work for / with. Let's schedule you a talk for
> one of the next meetings.

We can try that.

Gabor