Gerry Reno wrote:
> How do I get stdeb 0.4?

The easiest way:

git clone git://github.com/astraw/stdeb.git
cd stdeb
sudo python setup.py install

If you want a tarball, please look at my email 09/19/2009 09:36 PM -0700.

> For bdist_rpm the way that you get pre and postpackage install scripts
> to run during package install is by using
> the following in the setup.cfg:
> [bdist_rpm]
> install_script = rpm_install_sh.txt
>
> then rpm_install_sh.txt gets inserted into the rpm .spec file at the
> %install marker.  Now you can also add other sections into
> rpm_install_sh.txt like %pre and %post which are sections of shell
> scripts that run prepackage and postpackage install.  As far as
> 'python setup.py install' build type pre/postinstall, you can subclass
> install class and just run some scripts either side of parent
> "install" class.
I think it would be straightforward to integrate something similar into
stdeb.

I'm not too much in favor of piggybacking distutils' infrastructure to
parse the setup.cfg file, though. Perhaps we could parse setup.cfg on
our own (i.e. replace looking for stdeb.cfg with looking for setup.cfg
and changing the section name appropriately). In the near term the
easiest thing is to stick with the stdeb.cfg file for now and and a new
field for each of pre/post install and pre/post remove.

-Andrew