Paul wrote:
> Given that the installer includes the py.exe launcher, if you leave the
defaults, then at a command prompt "python" doesn't work. But that's fine,
because "py" does. And if you have multiple versions of Python installed,
you don't *want* python on PATH, because then you have to manage your PATH.
Why bother when "py -2.7" or "py -3.3" does what you want with no path
management? Once you want any *other* executables, though, you have to deal
with PATH (especially in the multiple Pythons case). That is a new issue,
and one that hasn't been thought through yet, and we don't have a good
solution.

>From a user perspective I think that 'py -3.4 -m pip ...' is an improvement
as it means I can easily install or upgrade for a particular python
installation (I tend to have a few). There's no need to put Scripts on PATH
just to run pip. I think this should be the recommended invocation for
Windows users.

Oscar