On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 8:29 PM, Glyph Lefkowitz <gl...@twistedmatrix.com>
wrote:

> At the beginning of your story you mentioned the GUI client - *that* is
> the missing piece ;).  I've been saying for years that we need a Python.app
> that lets you easily bootstrap all this stuff: walk you through installing
> C dev tools if your packages need them, present a GUI search interface to
> finding packages, present a normal "file->open" dialog for selecting a
> location for a new virtualenv, automatically pop open a terminal, launching
> a Jupyter notebook whose kernel is pointed at said environment...

Anaconda provides something like this -- personally, I;m a command lien
geek, so have no idea how much or if it's any good. But might be worth a
look if you're interested.

-CHB

--

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov