On 10 July 2018 at 05:09, Pradyun Gedam <pradyu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 2:30 AM Paul Moore <p.f.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> For now I'll point out that PEP 518 doesn't say *anything* about how
>> tools use the information in `pyproject.toml` - there's no mention of
>> build isolation. Unless I missed something - please point it out if I
>> did, The only thing I can find is in PEP 517. So discussions of pip's
>> isolation behaviour are mostly pip-specific implementation details at
>> the moment, and not really relevant to this thread.
>
> Ah, okay. So, isolation is purely an implementation issue, so it doesn't
> need to come around in this discussion which is about how we should
> change the PEP. I guess I'm still figuring out where to draw the line
> between implementation details and the PEP details here since they
> should/would influence each other both ways. I'll try to be more careful
> about stuff like this in the future. :)

Not a problem. Isolation is discussed in PEP 517, which is why I was
getting confused about what was related to the standard and what to
the implementation. We will need to be careful to review all this once
we start implementing PEP 517, but for now at least that's a level of
complexity we don't need in this discussion.

Paul