On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 06:14:52PM -0700, Nick Terrell wrote:
> I collected the XAR benchmark numbers. I spent some time today
> investigating what exactly is causing the difference between native
> and XAR start times. The native installation I was benchmarking
> against used `pkg_resources.load_entry_point()` to run the script,
> while XAR called the entry point directly.

Benchmarking against pkg_resources is a bit like running a race when
your opponent has an iron cannonball chained to their leg:
https://github.com/pypa/setuptools/issues/510

;)

<snip updated numbers>

Marius Gedminas
--
A secret: don't tell DARPA I'm not building the sun destroying weapon they
think I am.