On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 5:14 AM, Paul Moore <p.f.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I'm misunderstanding the relationship between pip and pipenv, or
> between pipenv and pipfile, I'm happy to be corrected. But can I
> suggest that the best way to do so would be to amend the project pages
> that are giving me the impressions I have above, and pointing me at
> the corrected versions? That way, we can make sure that any
> misinformation is corrected at source...

[This question isn't directed at Paul, even though it's in reply to his email.]

Thanks for the good discussion, all. To clarify the overlap in
functionality between pip and pipenv further, will pipenv be a strict
superset in terms of what it can do?

Tzu-ping said earlier that users expect pipenv to behave the same as
pip, so I'm wondering if there are any areas of functionality that pip
covers that pipenv won't be able to (or that doesn't plan to).

--Chris