It's been eight months since the release of Warehouse[0] and the sunsetting of
legacy PyPI[1]. Following up from our meeting at PyCon in May[2], Changeset
Consulting is back on board for another round of project management to
facilitate next steps! For the next 3-6 months this work will be spearheaded by
myself (Sumana) assisted by Jenny Ryan (https://jennyryan.net ).

The goal over these upcoming months is to create, steward and facilitate
internal and public-facing communications to aid the folks within PyPA.

What this means is that we'll be focused on the following:
* Facilitating regular meetings of and for maintainers and contributors;
* Stewarding communications with various PyPA stakeholders, including funders
and users;
* Organizing, labelling, prioritizing, and responding to GitHub issues;
* Coordinating public communications, such as announcements, sprints, and calls
for participation;
* Maintaining and improving documentation, meeting notes and development
roadmaps for PyPA projects.

Feedback from and participation by the Python packaging developer community is
obviously part and parcel of this project, so you may see some new "here's what
I think is up with this issue, is that right?" questions on old unresolved
discussions. And we'll be asking questions on this & other lists and on GitHub
and in IRC to collect ideas, concerns, and other productive input regarding the
tools roadmaps.

You'll be seeing more details in mid-January to properly kick off this next
chapter of levelling up PyPI and the PyPA -- just wanted to give y'all a
heads-up.

But of course, if you were already planning on using the next few weeks to do
issue triage and roadmap-writing and PyCon planning, please don't wait for us
-- that'll make this work all the easier.

Thanks,
Sumana Harihareswara

[0] https://blog.python.org/2018/04/new-pypi-launched-legacy-pypi-shutting.html
[1]