Would something like this require:

- a pip extension/plugin/post-install hook API
- a post-install hook that discloses all installed packages and versions
(from pypi.org, mirrors, local directory) in exchange for checking and
online security DB
- a way to specify a key to e.g. pyup

GItHub and GitLab offer similar functionality:

https://github.blog/2018-07-12-security-vulnerability-alerts-for-python/

https://help.github.com/articles/about-security-alerts-for-vulnerable-dependencies/

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/merge_requests/dependency_scanning.html

https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/security-products/dependency-scanning#supported-languages-and-package-managers

https://pyup.io

https://github.com/pyupio/safety-db

> pipenv check relies on safety and Safety-DB to check for known
vulnerabilities in locked components