One way to avoid disclosing user environments to a third party is to build this
into PyPI instead. The API could generate the warning for pip to display.

This only covers packages on PyPI, of course, but trying to audit local and
self-hosted packages is is a fools errand anyway IMO since there is no
practical way for any tool to reliably know what *actually* is installed.

--
Tzu-ping Chung (@uranusjr)
uranu...@gmail.com