> On Feb 12, 2019, at 9:57 AM, Paul Moore <p.f.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 at 16:28, Eric Peterson
> <epeter...@interactivebrokers.com> wrote:
>>
>> Brilliant, that's exactly what I was looking for—both the simple API and
>> json API look very useful. Thanks!
>
> Just a quick note, the simple API is required for every index server
> to support, whereas the JSON API is not (yet?) standardised and may
> not be supported anywhere other than PyPI (I don't know about devpi,
> for example). This may not matter for your use case, but is useful to
> know more generally.

FYI: Bandersnatch, in a very hacky way, saves the latest JSON metadata it got
to a file within the web tree and if you set NGINX (or what ever web server /
proxy) to set the response type to 'application/json' you have a cut down
version of the JSON API (this is - it only has the latest JSON metadata and not
per version).

Cooper