P Nelson wrote:
> My guess is the power supply might be bad (perhaps an internal short) I
> would recommend you get a new power supply.  You can try your local
> electronics supply or use a mail order.  You need, I think, a 2.5mm
> barrel plug.  Do a Internet search.  Best option might be a part from
> Logitech.
>
> I found this, but I make no recommendation of good or bad
> http://ie.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Emerson-Astec-Power/DA12-050US-M/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuep2RzTrr6lZfjDoQEvo6VqJ02lw9K4lA%3d
>
> Paul

Note that op says the squeezebox itself draws to much power so it's
likely to be inside the squeezebox .

It is guesswork to try to analyse it by forum , but a guess is that it
is the hot component that is on its way to fail ( except the supply who
migth be just overloaded ) .

The VFD display is it hot ? Another culprit may be the wifi card ? Some
regulator or capacitor ?
Open it up and have a look , sometimes it's obvius .