Mnyb wrote:
> Note that op says the squeezebox itself draws to much power so it's
> likely to be inside the squeezebox .
>
> It is guesswork to try to analyse it by forum , but a guess is that it
> is the hot component that is on its way to fail ( except the supply who
> migth be just overloaded ) .
>
> The VFD display is it hot ? Another culprit may be the wifi card ? Some
> regulator or capacitor ?
> Open it up and have a look , sometimes it's obvius .

Regarding this - I tried removing the wifi card for that exact reason,
and the power draw was the same unfortunately. I didn't see any
components that looked fried.

The power supply is a really nice Acopian model I picked up for cheap,
and is putting out the correct voltage. It's been heroic as it's a 1.5
amp unit and this has pushed it to double that, until I unplugged it.

I'm looking for another Duet receiver now (I have one, and like it a
lot)... just bothers me a lot that I bought this one sans power supply
from a local Craigslist person, then got the power supply, then it
doesn't work. It looks so clean/new/perfect but doesn't work.

Oh well... definitely 1st world problems!

thanks,
-Tal