[snip most of OTHER_DATABASES proposal]

> * ``MODELS`` is a list.  Each item in the list may be:
>
>       * ``app_label.module_name`` if a single model should be use this
> connection.
>       * ``app_label`` if the entire app should use this connection
>
> How does this sound?

Good enough for me. Though I weep for all of the tests that are about
to break. :)

I'm working on a long writeup of the thread/request isolation issues
and ideas for how to deal with them that I'll post up later today. I'd
like to get some feedback on that stuff before I start hacking away,
the changes required look large and tricky.

JP