Ivan Sagalaev wrote:
>> What about using generic relations for this?
>
> +1. Keeping all translations in one table instead of creating separate
> tables for each user table is what I was going to propose but you beat
> me :-)

On a second thought I think it has certain problems (well, anything has
its problems :-) ).

The first one (mentioned here on django-users) is that a universal
translation field has to be a models.TextField instance. It's a BLOB
(right?) and hence slower.

The second problem is that if a field is 'required' it can't be enforced
for translations: any translation can be missing.