[note: maybe this message appears twice as I sent it with the wrong
reply-to and google-groups likes to reject it, if so, sorry ;) ]

Hi Matthew

On 1/30/07, Matthew Flanagan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I run the django pybot. It wouldn't be difficult to add other backends
> to the tests and is something I've been considering for a while. As
> for python versions, pybot only tests 2.5 and trunk
> . Testing against 2.3 and 2.4 would have to be done on another buildbot.

At least on debian is not hard to have python 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5
available on the same box (simply call /usr/bin/python2.X), also
different versions of postgresql can be run side by side (not for
mysql). Maybe a single BuildSet could be created that creates a bunch
of Builds with the different combinations of python+backend. As far as
a slave has the three versions of python and the different backends it
could run the tests. (note that for postgresql there are two
backends!), Anyway there's always virtualization if you need true
isolation and/or different mysql server versions.

Sure you have far more knowledge of buildbot than me, so any comments
are really appreciated!

> I'm fairly busy for the next 2 weeks but I can look at it after that
> and hopefully add postgresql and mysql backends on top sqlite that is
> being tested already.

That would be nice, then the only thing left would be the different
versions of python. For which, as you say, those would need to run on
a different buildbot (buildd.djangoproject.com ?)

Oh, and congratulations for the django pybot ;)

Cheers,
Marc.

PS: I can host a slave and/or the master for the different
python/backends buildbot if you wish.