On 4/28/07, David Larlet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just hope those ones will be successful! Maybe we can learn from the
> past and improve students/dev communication in order to help them a
> bit more if they need it?

I think for the most part, in terms of the scope of GSoC, the previous
ones were successful. It seemed like most of the hard work was done,
for each of the branches. (At least, auth and rlp seemed to do quite
well).

Problem was there wasn't enough demand/interest in the community to
get them fully integrated, no one was stepping up to take over. There
were always people (myself included) that wanted to use the various
branches, but no one was willing to put the time in to make them trunk
ready.

The one problem with GSoC is that while students may have lots of time
in the summer, that time tends to go towards zero once September hits
:)

I guess it all just depends on your measure of "success".

Jay P.