On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 15:23 +0200, David Larlet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wonder why the archive_year function returns an object_list
> (with make_object_list parameter to True) which is ordered by
> date_field. I know that I can use the reverse argument in for loop tag
> but I wonder if I'm the only one to have this issue? What order did
> you expect by default? I think the Meta one is better...

-1. The archive_year function should return things ordered by the year
either increasing or decreasing. We picked one direction and you get the
other direction by looping in the reversed order.

You might be in the lucky situation where your Meta ordering is already
based on the date, but that isn't a good assumption in general, so we
cannot rely on Meta as a rule.

Regards,
Malcolm