In the docu there ware two syntax for a "per-view cache":
"""
def my_cool_view(request):
    # cool processing
slashdot_this = cache_page(slashdot_this, 60 * 15)
"""
or
"""
@cache_page(60 * 15)
def my_cool_view(request):
    # cool processing
"""
see: http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/cache/#the-per-view-cache

Both syntax version doesn't work yet, because of this Bug:
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/1015

The Bug is opened 2 years ago. Two years! And this ticket has a work-a-
round that works:
"""
@cache_page
def my_cool_view(request):
    # cool processing
"""

I fall into this bug trap, because i have used the code from the
documentation. If you search the maillinglist, you can see, that other
users are falled into the same trap.

I have made a ticket, that the docu should be changed (insert a
comment and/or insert the work-a-round):
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/4649

This ticket is closed ("invalid")...

I think that is not the best way, to handle those things.

--
Mfg.

Jens Diemer

----