On 5 Jul., 09:41, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-07-05 at 00:39 -0700, jedie wrote:
> > The documentation philosophy is relevant for me: The documentation
> > should really never show non-working examples.
>
> Unsurprisingly,weare in100%agreement. So if the documentation and
> the code are in disagreement, one of them has to be fixed. Fixing the
> code is the right thing in this case.

No, i thing we are not 100% agreement ;)

I think:
1. The documentation should be changed, if there is a not working code
example. (At least a node sould be inserted.)
2. Fix the bug and commit the pach.
3. Update the documentation again. (remove the obsolete note)

You think: inset a note in the documentation is needless, because the
bugfix patch would be shortly commit.
IMHO: Bugs lived a long time in django, often :(

It is not necessary to search non working example code every day or
so. But if a user find a buggy example code and write a ticked like
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/4649 , the documentation should
be updated until the bug is not fixed.