On Aug 17, 12:00 pm, Gary Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, I do not like the idea of adding a new order_by parameter
> either.  However, there is a bit of an issue involving the
> archive_index view though because it also uses a num_latest parameter,
> IMHO implying that the items will be sorted by date_field descending.

Hm.

Since archive_index is explicitly meant to provide the latest objects,
I could see keeping the order_by in that view, and making it clear in
the docs that it'll override any ordering you try to do on the
QuerySet before having to the view. But archive_year should drop its
explicit ordering for consistency with the other generic views.