On 9/8/07, Jacob Kaplan-Moss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'd say something like django.core.filesystems would be a good idea
> (though I'd call it django.core.filestorage and paint the bikeshed
> yellow.)

I have pretty much zero preference on what it's called or where it
goes, so yellow sounds fine to me. I still think that __init__.py is
getting a bit unwieldy with the new File, ImageFile and FileProxy
classes, which aren't actually fields, but I couldn't think of a
better way to deal with that particular one.

I'm tempted to wonder if it might be time to break that file up a bit.
Perhaps split it up into a few different modules?

* text.py for CharField, EmailField, TextField, XMLField, etc.
* numbers.py for IntegerField, DecimalField, PhoneNumberField, etc.
* files.py for FileField, ImageField, and potentially AudioField if I
ever get working on it.

Obviously that wouldn't cover everything, so miscellaneous things like
BooleanField could still be in __init__.py along with the base Field
class.

I don't know, I'm probably crazy here, and I'm definitely changing the
subject, so feel free to ignore my comments on the issue.

-Gul