On 9/20/07, Deryck Hodge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I completely agree you shouldn't use this middleware unless you know
> and trust the proxy setup, but I can easily imagine (large corporate
> networks) a situation where there could be multiple proxies.  Seems to
> me its better to be clear of the dangers in the docs rather than
> trying to prevent someone using this with multiple proxies.

No. With the patch applied, the Middleware is *secure* for people who
trust in _one_ reverse proxy. Without it, the Middleware is *insecure*
for anybody who uses it. The use case for reverse proxy users who want
to have a *reliable* remote address is not even hard: is impossible.
No documentation can fix it.

--
Leo Soto M.