Hi,

I've seen something which is not very
"concept proof"... at least in
SQLLite ( hasn't been tested on PostgreSql
or MySql )

>>> class A(Models.models):
...  name = CharField(primaryKey=True)
...  field_1 = CharField()
>>> class B(A)
...  field_2 = CharField

Django will then build the folowwing tables :
CREATE TABLE xxx_A ( name VARCHAR() UNIQUE, FIELD_1 VARCHAR() )
CREATE TABLE xxx_B ( name VARCHAR() UNIQUE, FIELD_1 VARCHAR(), FIELD_2
VARCHAR() )
This is not safe and doen't follow the heritage
paradigm : we can have a record in xxx_A which has
the same id as a record in xxx_B ... but represents
different instance of object ( for ex. different FIELD_1) ...

We think in case of heritage, it should be better to have :
CREATE TABLE xxx_A ( name VARCHAR() UNIQUE, FIELD_1 VARCHAR() )
CREATE TABLE xxx_B ( xxx_A_name VARCHAR() CONTRAINT REFERENCE
xxx_A.name, FIELD_2 VARCHAR() )

Is it a limitation of SQLLite ? If not, how can we implement this
mapping ?

thanks,
sebastien.