Hey All,

Google and trac both show nothing on this kind of functionality. I see that
contenttypes work like a Generic ForeignKey (many-to-one) but I don't see
anything about ManyToMany.

Is there any work being done by anyone on this kind of feature? I have some of
the details in mind, and if it isn't being worked on by anyone else, I had
planned on starting work on it.

Basically, the concept is that generic m2m relations would be no more
difficult than standard m2m relations:

class MyModel(models.Model):
        content = models.GenericManyToManyField()

The content field would work like any other m2m field:

>>> m = MyModel()
>>> m2 = MyOtherModel()
>>> m3 = MyThirdModel()

>>> m.content.add(m2)
>>> m.content.add(m3)
>>> m.content
[<model 'MyOtherModel'>, <model 'MyThirdModel'>]

Is anyone else working on something like this? Thoughts?

--
Dave Sullivan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]