On Nov 22, 10:48 pm, Ivan Sagalaev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> P.S. However I think you try to shoot yourself in the foot by tying
> general unicode representation of an object to work only for HTML. I'd
> rather leave it to some special filter.

Probably. I'm definitely being lazy ;)

But the bug is still just as valid for any object which uses
__unicode__ to display it.

For example, you had a Form which you wanted to run through a filter
(for some reason)
{{ form|some_html_parser_filter }}
(sure, you can get around that too in this case by calling the method
which __unicode__ does but you get the idea, right?)

Maybe it's just a limitation which should be documented?