On Dec 4, 2007 10:31 PM, James Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 12/4/07, Ned Batchelder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  I don't have a suggestion for a replacement, and I don't think it needs to
> > be on the 1.0 list (since it can be added without breaking backward
> > compatibility), but I think it would be a big plus.
>
> While I actually like the power and flexibility of regex-based
> dispatch, I wouldn't mind seeing something like Joe Gregorio's URI
> Templates[1] as an option. That would offer a nice balance between
> power and conceptual simplicity, and once it (hopefully) becomes a
> published RFC it'd be nice to support the standard.
>
> [1] http://bitworking.org/news/URI_Templates

Selector[1], a raw WSGI middleware for url dispatching, uses something
almost exactly like this. Although, there are a few things we
obviously wouldn't want, it provides a decent starting point. I'd
suggest ignoring all the "updates" and scrolling down to the basic
tutorial at the bottom of the page for the general idea.

[1]: http://lukearno.com/projects/selector/

--
----
Waylan Limberg