I'm +1 for deprecating positional arguments from __init__().

> Relying on the order of fields in the model definition is asking for a
> heaping load of fail. Hence my desire to see it go away.

While I agree this argument applies for having positional args in
__init__(), those instantiating using a fromargs/fromtuple method (as
Ivan suggested) are more likely to be cognizant of the "heaping load
of fail" implications.

Are there other reasons that such a class method should be excluded?
Advanced users such as Ivan and David would benefit from its utility
and have given some valid use cases.  If it really is as simple as
Ivan has posted and doesn't cause implementation/maintenance headaches
in other portions of the code, then why not?

-Justin