On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 11:39 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  My name is Grzegorz Swierad and I am interested in participating in
>  Google Summer of Code for Django. I study in University of Zielona
>  Gora in Poland. I have more than one year experience with Django. I
>  create sites: http://mines20.com or http://plom.pl .
>
>  I wish to create a Xapian backend for djangosearch. Eventually, it can
>  be other search engine, but Xapian is more important for me, becouse I
>  use it in my new project.
>
>  What do you thing about this, and who is interested in mentoring it?

I know someone else is also putting together a proposal to work on
djangosearch backends, but please submit your proposal anyhow. I would
love to see a good xapian backend. A single backend might not be a big
enough project for SoC, so you might want to specify what else you'll
do in your proposal if you finish early.

Joseph