On Apr 8, 10:46 am, Mike Axiak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> but if Django were to "support" pre-1900
> dates, then it stands to reason code wouldn't break if written like
> this::
>
>     instance.field.strftime("%Y-%m-%d")

Actually, I've backpedalled a bit in my new patch (uploaded just now).
Now Django does a temporary strftime_safe conversion whenever it needs
to do a strftime, but it doesn't change datetime/date fields to use
the strftime_safe modules. It probably should now that I think about
it, but I was trying to be as noninvasive as possible.