On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 1:06 PM, AmanKow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hmmm... I read the subclassing post.  As a non-abstract child is
>  essentially a one to one with some syntactical sweetness, I'm still
>  not sure how using a one to one field is better suited than
>  inheritance for extending user.

Purely in terms of OO design, because it's cleaner.  Object
composition is usually a more appropriate paradigm than class
inheritance.  To take the example from the post that started this
thread, the relationship between users and user profiles is "has-a",
not "is-a".  So what would be the design benefit of applying
inheritance here in the first place?