On Apr 28, 3:06 pm, "Karen Tracey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> thought the behavior of this option was clear from Malcolm's initial
> description.  It does support the 1,2,3 you specify.  Which alternative
> would you prefer?
Maybe it's just me, but I just don't like a parameter that seems
boolean having different behavior for None than for False.

I would rather see two different parameters, e.g.::
    .save([force_update=True|False, force_create=True|False])

That both default to False, and raise a ValueError when both are True.

Of course that's just me.

Cheers,
Mike