On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 9:07 AM, Simon Willison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Which leaves us in a tricky situation. A global settings.py variable
> for "throw errors on missing template variables" is a bad idea as it
> kills application portability (the PHP magic_quotes problem again - if
> your application expects that setting off and mine expects it on I
> can't import your app in to my environment). There might be something
> we can do with warnings, but it could still end up pretty messy. Needs
> more thought.

Hi, Simon.

Could you not just tie it to the DEBUG setting?  That is the worry,
after all, right? -- that a production site will 500.  Development it
doesn't matter, and generally, people use DEBUG to distinguish the
two.

Just a quick thought...  I haven't looked at the code to know the
implications of using DEBUG as the flag.

Cheers,
deryck

--
Deryck Hodge