On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Tim Chase
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm not sure blessing it with a number does much but pander to
> folks that are scared to make a tough call:
>
> Use 0.96:  blessed with a magic number, but old and not much like
> 1.0 will be
>
> or use Trunk:  suggested (but not  blessed with a number), much
> closer to like 1.0 will be, and still some changes to be expected
> when new-forms hits.

Where I work we use 0.96 (though I use trunk on my personal projects).
 We use 0.96 because we have up to 12 separate Django projects
rotating through at a time and all at various phases of development.
We don't have the resources to continuously update all of them to
trunk and fix the various backward incompatible changes that might
crop up, and each one can't be on its own trunk release or trying to
assemble any sort of library would be a nightmare.  Not even
mentioning having to support various Django releases on our production
servers.  So we're stuck on 0.96 until 1.0 comes along.

Not so much a tough call to pick 0.96 in our case, but I'm jealous at
the more than 1 year of great features in Django trunk.

-Rob