El sáb, 07-06-2008 a las 19:53 -0500, James Bennett escribió:
> On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 7:46 PM, Marc Fargas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Right now Backwards Incompatible changes are documented in a wiki page,
> > with some disadvantages:
>
> And in the release notes when a new release happens.

Yes, notes that are not:
        * In the tarball
        * Linked from the Downloads page
        * Linked from the install doc (the onlyone referenced from the Download
page)

In brief, Release Notes (as far as I know) are only published in the
blog when the release is made, and are not linked from anywhere.

And yes, the Release Notes inside the tarball would do the job, but
commiters still need to keep the wiki up-to-date by hand.

I was thinking in an UPDATE.txt like the UPGRADE.txt from Asterisk[1] or
the CHANGES file [2]

Those are meant to serve as Release Notes for the most part (so i.e. You
would write the introduction of the Release Notes on the blog, then copy
the relevant part of UPDATE.txt and you're done). Ok, less work for you
then! :)

Regards,
Marc

[1]: