On 6/9/08, Ian Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I don't know why this is so mysterious.  A small amount of browsing
>  turns up that the code was added in revision [4916] and specifically
>  enabled for Oracle only to fix ticket #3743.

But it does not explain why ticket #3030 has been closed (if #3743 has
fixed *only* Oracle)...

> MySQL  is an especially complicated case due to the large
> differences between  multiple supported versions.

Unfortunately yes. Being more rigorous, MySQL should require another
feature autoindexes_foreign_keys to generate foreign key constraints
correctly...

###

To treat such/similiar problems we need to distinct different MySQL
versions. As for sqlite3 we could introduce new kinds of
DATABASE_ENGINE :

mysql5
mysql5pp (5 and later)
mysql6

and modify backend properly - it should be straightforward except
cases where DATABASE_ENGINE is used directly as part of package/module
name.
(we probably should not create separated mysql5 etc...  packages)

Peter