Am 16.06.2008 um 18:49 schrieb James Bennett:

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Johannes Dollinger
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> If you're just want different querysets you can use something like
>> this: http://dpaste.com/53948/.
>
> Or I can use managers and also add other supporting methods (which I
> also often do).

You could as stick them in a single manager as well (and wouldn't
have to remember which method is available via which manager).
My point is that one manager per model would be enough to do anything
you can do with multiple managers (and if you want modified querysets
you get a little extra flexibility if you just subclass QuerySet).
Therefore (imho) the cleanest solution for the problem with
_default_manager and model inheritance appears to get rid of multiple
managers.
I don't really expect this to be accepted as it would break lots of
existing code. But there should be a way to bypass the
Manager.creation_counter magic.