On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 4:34 PM, Marc Fargas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> El jue, 26-06-2008 a las 13:31 -0700, Jacob Kaplan-Moss escribió:
>> Help me out here: how can I make it more obvious? You missed that;
>> others often do to. Can you share with me some insights on how you
>> missed it?
>
> The sentence should be more prominent, I know nobody that will read that
> many lines, so maybe bolding "spam" and "register for an account" would
> make those a bit more visible.

Yeah, it does kind of get lost in the text there. The first few lines
basically say "be sure you actually have an unreported bug."
Presumably, the potential reporter thinks: "Yeah, Yeah, I've been
through that before so why should I read every point in that list
carefully?"

True, first time reporters to any project probably should read that,
but obviously they don't. Personally, I alway look for a "register"
link in the menu - usually in close proximity to the "Login" link. I'd
suggest (and have in the past) that a "Register" link be added to
every Trac page right next to the "Login" and "Settings" links up in
the top right corner.

If that doesn't work - then perhaps a dancing animation across the
newticket page. Ok, maybe not. :-D

--
----
Waylan Limberg