On 26-Jun-08, at 7:51 PM, Jeremy Dunck wrote:

>> Then, I tried helping people the way he does for a mere fraction of
>> the time he does. Answering the same 5 questions 20 times a day
>> (ok, I
>> did it maybe twice) would drive anyone insane.
>
> +1

+1

> Yes, it'd be nice if Magus were a bit more polite, but I'd say his
> patience and dedication are legend.

why should he be more polite? He follows the policy of 'teaching to
fish' rather than spoonfeeding. I have several times got flamed by
him for getting impatient and giving the answer. I would say that he
is the single most important person in the channel. He has even taken
the trouble of writing a script whereby he can generate almost
instantaneous references to the *relevant* docs. It is easy to give
direct answers - difficult, irritating and time consuming to 'teach
to fish'. Let him be as rude as he wants, as long as he is there.

--

regards
kg