On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 6:46 AM, zvoase <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear Developers,
>   I've written a module which may be helpful to a lot of Django
> developers, and would like to suggest it for trials and testing, and
> possible inclusion with Django.

Well, for starters, it appears to be licensed under the GPL while
Django had a BSD license. As long as the conflict exists, your changes
of inclusion are pretty slim, I would think.

Either way, don't get your hopes up for inclusion any time soon.
Everyone is currently working to get 1.0 out the door and this is not
a show stopper for that (it doesn't break backward compatibility of
the API - just adds new stuff) so I doubt the core devs will even
consider it until after 1.0.

In the meantime, review the points on contributing [1] in the docs,
continue to maintain your code as separate code and prove your worth
as a reliable maintainer.

[1]: http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/contributing

> I'm currently just looking for
> developers to help test and work with the module; it should be quite
> helpful.

It certainly looks interesting. Perhaps I'll play with it if I get a chance.

> It's also heavily documented - *everything* has a docstring. I hope
> you enjoy,

I'll say. What, less that 50 lines of code in a 500+ line document? Wow.

--
----
Waylan Limberg