On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 13:21 +0200, Michael Radziej wrote:
> Hi,
>
> changeset 8802 introduced a small paragraph about Boolean database fields.
> The problem is that the exact wording implies a guarantee to MySQL users
> that they will always get 0 or 1.
>
> I think we should leave a door open to change this behaviour, and I suggest
> to advice the user that this is considered a random implementation detail
> which might change in future.

If you write your code in the natural was as "foo == 1" and foo changes
from being 1/0 to True/False, it will continue to work in Python 2. So
it's backwards compatible even in the unlikely event that something
changes there (and it's very unlikely to, given that it would require
passing lots of extra information down to the database backend level
just for that one special case).

Regards,
Malcolm