On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Jeremy Dunck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd like to add support for fixture load/dump to deal with compressed
> (gzip) files transparently.

Something like #4924, perhaps? :-)

I'm not completely sold on the --compress option to dumpdata - there
are many options for compression other than gz, and you can use shell
pipes to compress the output of dumpdata using whatever scheme you
desire.

However, loading compressed fixtures is a reasonable suggestion
(although, like Jacob, I don't have much need for them myself).

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)