I see your point about overriding reusable app media.

I got an idea though when reading your post. Since people want to
update reusable apps to a more recent version/revision and since that
means the media files will/might change, why not add another command
that would show which installed media files differ from the default
ones provided by apps? That would show both which files have been
overridden and which files have been changed by recent updates. I
guess if you have means to compare file trees already, it would be a
simple thing to add. The command could be named "comparemedia" or
"mediastatus" or similar.

Erik