On Sep 24, 1:40 pm, Simon Willison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As a result the performance overhead from having imports inside
> functions as opposed to at module level should be virtually non-
> existent.

Not entirely sure how I managed to miss your benchmark figures when I
read your mail, but I'm wrong here - there's clearly a performance
overhead involved in importing inside a function. It would be
interesting to see how much this affects Django performance as a whole
- I guess this is the kind of question the proposed metronome
benchmark will help answer.

Cheers,

Simon