Am 25.09.2008 um 00:39 schrieb Manuel Saelices:

> It's a different aproach. I consider my cache attempt a optimization
> like URL dispatcher cache, without considering django cache system,
> like url resolvers cache, _join_cache in orm or other many cases.
> Also, I'm not sure that #6262 consider the inheritance problem (look
> at copy.deepcopy(self.get_parent()) line in my patch).

Your approach requires django.template.loader to be reloaded whenever
a template changes, which probably means a server restart.
This is different from other module level caches in django because
those are only invalidated if other python modules are modified
(urls.py or models.py).

I'm not familiar with either patch and I not shure I understand the
problem you tried to fix with that deepcopy().
Anyway, from a quick look: you damaged {% extends var_name %}, and
this new `dirs` argument to `get_template()` should be part of the
cache key, and what does `from_child` do?