I was implying that if I'm in email admin, and there's filters there,
once I leave email admin, there's no reason to keep that information
around. Going back to the email admin should give a clean start,
that's how typical applications like that work (at least every one
that I've ever used).

But yes, you'd want to preserve any GET params most likely. Easiest to
just save the URL.