I added a ticket (with patch) for implementing the template tag:
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/9977
It also adds a CSRF context processor, which is used by the tag.

The diff doesn't look quite right. There obviously needs to be an
empty __init__.py file added to the templatetags folder for it to
work.

-bob