Hi all --

   I've started to poke around in customizing the generated form code
and providing my own widget instances, but the current Django form
code is written in such a way that it makes things nearly impossible.
   Here's just one example: when fields are written out to HTML, they
get asked "what attributes does this kind of widget need?".  Adding a
widget therefore requires rewriting the field classes you want the
widget to be used with, rather than letting the widget interrogate the
field classes.  That's not great design, and it means any changes to
form rendering becomes a major pain.
   Is there any work being done to clean up the way Django creates
forms?  I saw there was something being done with DOCTYPE
declarations, but it didn't look like that was making very extensive
changes.

-- Chris