> my records are created in several satellite systems

Ah, that is, the legacy database is involved. It makes the example
even more vivid - having a legacy primary key while still having the
convenience of a non-primary autofield.

I fully agree that we better should NOT add any backend-dependent
behaviour. This is not what the ticket suggests, in fact. The ticket
is about the unnecessary (in several legal cases) restriction, which
is not covered by the documentation yet (or at least was not, when the
ticket was raised) at all. So the idea is not to add any backend-
specificity - the idea is to remove an unnecessary (at least in some
backends) restriction instead, bringing the code back to the
documentation, and just refrain from specifying this behaviour.